must be assigned to a project of a registered Principal Investigator (PI).
A registered PI
(or their Business Administrator (BA) or designated Lab Manager)
may create projects and assign (manage) users on those projects.
A Lab Manager
may be designated by the PI or BA
- Get a PennKey (see below) All users and PI's will need a PennKey to access services.
- Register as Principal Investigator:
The PI with final spending authority for the project should use their
PennKey to log in via the PROJECT MANAGEMENT: PI link on the left
side of this page. If you are not already registered and are an active faculty member, you will be registered automatically.
- Create a Project and Manage Users (for registered PI's, BA's, or designated Lab Managers ONLY)
- Paying with a Penn award grant using a 26-digit BEN budget number:
Log in from the appropriate link under PROJECT MANAGEMENT on the lower left side of this page.
You may then create projects for your 26-digit number and authorize users.
- Paying with a Penn non-award grant (such as start-up funds):
Have your BA enter the 26-digit number.
- Paying from CHOP, Monell, Wistar, or the VA:
Have your BA email Luellen Fletcher
- Read the ACCESS POLICY section of the relevant Resource Laboratory
(choose the Facility from the pull-down on the left)
- Register with the Tumor Tissue and Biospecimen Bank (TTAB) by:
- Email one to two page detailed project description. This project description must include:
- Research Project/Study Hypothesis
- Statement of Significance of the Project
- faxing the Project/Study IRB Approval letter
- faxing the Biospecimen and Data Request Agreement
- emailing the Principal Investigator's POR (full) Certification
- emailing the Documentation of Principal Investigator's HIPAA (full) Certification
To download documentation of POR & HIPAA:
- Go to this link:
- Click Log on! in menu list
- After authentication, Click on training, then click on training record
- Find your HIPAA and POR certification records
- For each one, click on details
- For HIPPA:Cut and paste onto a word document or save the document as a html file.
- For POR (must be full board review): Click on certificate and save electronically.]
What happens once I submit my application for registration?
- Upon receipt of your application by TTAB, TTAB Staff will email you to confirm receipt and touch base.
- TTAB will review the application within two business weeks.
- After your application is reviewed and approved, TTAB Staff will email you to notify you of your approval.
- After approval, it is recommended that you set-up a
consult (free for ACC Members and Pathology Faculty) with TTAB to discuss
project feasibility, any special needs as well as to explore your service
- Submit an online request for general services to TTAB via the website for services.
What happens once I submit my request for services?
Please note: Once services are provided your account will be billed monthly through PathBioResource.
- After your request is reviewed, TTAB Staff will send you an email letting
you know whether TTAB can service your request and provide an estimate (quote)
- After the PI approves the estimate, TTAB will work with you to set up a timetable to fill your service request.
Please contact the main facility at 215-615-4744.
Getting a PennKey
All clients will need a PennKey to utilize our Facilities. If you do not have
a PennKey and:
Return to this page when your PennKey account is activated.
- are affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania (or UPHS),
Wistar Institute, Monell Chemical Senses
Center, or Philadelphia VA Hospital,
call (215) 573-INFO to request a PennKey.
- are affiliated with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia please contact Luellen Fletcher at 215-573-0735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- are not affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania or neighbors
listed above, you or your BA should fill out the Registration Form.
You will receive a Project ID and temporary PennKey to access services via this website.
NOTE: if you wish to have a permanent PennKey, call (215) 573-INFO