must be assigned to a project of a registered Principal Investigator (PI).
A registered PI
(or their Business Administrator (BA) or designated Lab Manager)
may create projects and assign (manage) users on those projects.
A Lab Manager
may be designated by the PI or BA
- Get a PennKey (see below) All users and PI's will need a PennKey to access services.
- Register as Principal Investigator:
The PI with final spending authority for the project should use their
PennKey to log in via the PROJECT MANAGEMENT: PI link on the left
side of this page. If you are not already registered and are an active faculty member, you will be registered automatically.
- Create a Project and Manage Users (for registered PI's, BA's, or designated Lab Managers ONLY)
- Paying with a Penn award grant using a 26-digit BEN budget number:
Log in from the appropriate link under PROJECT MANAGEMENT on the lower left side of this page.
You may then create projects for your 26-digit number and authorize users.
- Paying with a Penn non-award grant (such as start-up funds):
Have your BA enter the 26-digit number.
- Paying from CHOP, Monell, Wistar, or the VA:
Have your BA email Luellen Fletcher
- Read the ACCESS POLICY section of the relevant Resource Laboratory
(choose the Facility from the pull-down on the left)
- Submit a request for service, reagents, scheduling etc. Use your
PennKey to access your Project from the Request Services link at the
appropriate Resource Laboratory's site.
Questions? Please contact your Facility Director by choosing from the
drop-down resource list on the left.
Getting a PennKey
All clients will need a PennKey to utilize our Facilities. If you do not have
a PennKey and:
Return to this page when your PennKey account is activated.
- are affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania (or UPHS),
Wistar Institute, Monell Chemical Senses
Center, or Philadelphia VA Hospital,
call (215) 573-INFO to request a PennKey.
- are affiliated with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, please follow up with CHOP Pennkey Administration
- are not affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania or neighbors
listed above, you or your BA should fill out the Registration Form.
You will receive a Project ID and temporary PennKey to access services via this website.
NOTE: if you wish to have a permanent PennKey, call (215) 573-INFO