HIC opens Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm, except for University defined holidays.
To schedule sample processing: Please email Dr. Ling Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) weekly sample schedule on or before Friday of the preceding week (please include Study PI, UPCC#, sample ID, blood draw/tissue biopsy date and approximate time that samples will be dropped off). Samples received outside of our posted cut-off times require approval at least 24 hours in advance of receipt and additional charges will apply as detailed below.
- Same-day processing cut off time: 1:00 PM Monday-Friday. In order to schedule lab staff, samples that need to be processed on the same day that are received after our cut-off time of 1 PM must be pre-approved by Ling Zhao. These samples will incur an after-hours processing fee.
- Next-day processing cut off time: 5:00 PM Monday-Thursday. Samples received after 1 PM, but by or before 5 PM, will be processed on the next business day.
- Samples received on Friday between 1-5 PM: We offer next-day processing on samples received on Friday between 1 PM and 5 PM, if pre-approved by Ling Zhao. Processing of these samples will incur an after-hours processing fee.
All clients will need a PennKey to utilize our Facilities.
If you do not have a PennKey and:
NOTE: if you wish to have a permanent PennKey, call (215) 573-INFO
- are affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania (or UPHS), Wistar Institute, Monell Chemical Senses Center, or Philadelphia VA Hospital, call (215) 573-INFO to request a PennKey.
- are affiliated with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia please contact Path BioResource Help Desk at 215-573-2958 or 215-573-0735
- are not affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania or neighbors listed above, you or your BA should fill out the Registration Form. You will receive a Project ID and temporary PennKey to access services via this website.
Once your Pennkey is activated…
Supply Ling Zhao (email@example.com) with the Pennkey of the person who submits the request and their email address as well as any necessary billing information.
Billing information we request:
- Penn investigators: a 26 digit budget code
- CHOP: 10 digit route key
- All Others: purchase order number
Submit the request:
Contact Ling Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further questions
- Go to the Human Immunology Core (HIC) website here
- Click on “Submit Blood or Specimen” on the left side of the page, the 4th item under “Services”
- Choose “XXX UPCC 12345” by clicking on “Select Study”
- Click on “Start Request”
- Choose the account “your account”
- Fill out the form
- Click on “Submit Immunology”
- Print your request, a hard copy of the request is needed with the sample.
Blood/Tissue Sample Cutoff Times
Sample receiving cutoff time for sensitive samples (including PBMC preparation, serum, plasma or tissue processing and cryopreservation and flow cytometry samples that require fresh processing)
If your study requires processing outside of these cutoff times, please contact Ling Zhao (215-573-4322) one week in advance of the sample collection date to make special arrangements.
|Same Day Processing||Monday - Thursday||Drop off before 1 PM
|Friday||Drop off before 12 PM
|Next Day Processing||Monday - Thursday||Drop off after 1 PM
Please acknowledge the Human Immunology Core (P30-CA016520) and/or the CFAR Immunology core (P30-AI045008) in your publications.